Senate Bill 854 effective June 20, 2014
Senate Bill 854 (passed June 20, 2014) made several changes to the laws as it relates to the Department of Industrial Relations’ processes and procedures for monitoring public works prevailing wage projects. These changes affect both the Awarding Bodies and the contracting communities.
A few of the major changes are highlighted below:
• • Submission of the PWC-100 for all public works projects to the DIR (Labor Code Section 1773.3)
• • Elimination of the Compliance Monitoring Unit (CMU)
• • Public Works Contractor Registration Program (Mandatory)
• • Awarding Body Notice Requirements
• • Furnishing of Electronic Certified Payroll Records to the Labor Commissioner
http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=2013... <<View Bill Information>>
To find out how these changes will affect your agency, contact Padilla & Associates, Inc. for more information.